Australian Jensen Forums

For owners of Jensen Cars from Australia and around the world.

541S

by Peter Jackson » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:56 pm

Hello all, just picked up a sadly neglected 541S from Perth. Was imported from Ireland to WA about 30 years back and appears to have never been on the Road in Aus! It is now home here with me in SA and I have started "playing" with it already.
Had the motor running, 55psi oil pressure on idle (yes it even idles) 4 forward gears and a reverse in the auto is a good start me thinks. Was missing brakes and hubcaps but other than that basically complete. Will be quite a long road but should be a nice car once done and only one other 541S in Aussie according to Stoo.
Cheers for now!!
Peter Jackson

by Interceptor3 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:30 am

Please keep us up to date with its progress. :)
Nigel Honey
Hobart, Tasmania
'72 Jensen Interceptor Mk3 128/4633
'08 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X MR
Interceptor3
Site Admin

by Peter Jackson » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:52 am

Some progress to report. Pulled numerous bits off the car and had them repaired and rechromed, looks good.
Found some 4 pot Volvo calipers for the front and I have some spare Mk1 Interceptor rear caliper with hand brake etc so thats all good.
Found some new side and rear perspex windows with Andy Brooks at Appleyards in the UK and he is also sending me some spline drive hubs as I picked up a set of chrome wire spoke wheels to suit. So it is happening slowly.
Cheers for now, Peter J
Peter Jackson

Return to 541