Australian Jensen Forums

For owners of Jensen Cars from Australia and around the world.

Cooling Fan Controllers

Interceptor, SP, FF

by Michael » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:05 pm

Hello from the UK

I am hoping to fit a variable speed fan controller to my MK111 interceptor, the idea being the fans will cut in at a low speed to stabilize the engine temperature instead of waiting until the engine gets hot and trying to cool it back down.

My question is as you guys down under have much hotter temperatures than we do, how do you keep your interceptors temperature under control?
Michael

Interceptor Mk111 136/8514
Michael

by Stoo » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:45 am

I've lived in some of the warmer parts of Australia and yet the Jensens have generally coped very well. The only time I've had a car get warm was 1). when the radiator was silted up (in my Mk1 Interceptor) and 2). when the fans failed to cut in (on my Mk2 Interceptor).

I find them good cars to use with not too many dramas .... but I do try to avoid using them too much during Summer (just to be safe).
Stoo

1969 Jensen Interceptor Mk1 #3340
1970 Jensen Interceptor Mk2 #3958
1967 Jensen FF Mk1 #007
+ some other interesting toys!

Jensens are a way of life.
Stoo

by Michael » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:14 pm

Hi Stoo

I am intrigued as to why you have no engine cooling problems in your sunny climate when so many interceptors back here in the UK struggle to stay cool.

Are the electric fans fitted to your cars the same 4 bladed twin fans or were they upgraded for you folk down under?

I had a fan controller fitted last week to my car and although it now seems to keep the temperature more stable in traffic it still seems to struggle at steady motorway speeds :?
Michael

Interceptor Mk111 136/8514
Michael

Return to Interceptor