Australian Jensen Forums

For owners of Jensen Cars from Australia and around the world.

Leaf Spring Sag

Keep it pinned to the road.

by dinofritz » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:32 am

Hi everyone,

Lyn, good news......at least the rear end is now not soft and sagging (oops........the car that is!), and I'm actually confident enough to take passengers in the back without the car scraping on speed humps!

it's probably still around 1/2 inch too tall at the rear for my liking, but I'm patient enough to see what happens in the coming months, as I have a suspicion that it will settle a wee bit more:

Cheers everyone, have a Merry Christmas!

Dino
dinofritz

by dinofritz » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:35 am

OMG this is so funny (or sad)...........the first post in this thread is dated 4 January.......it's taken me a year to get this sorted!!!

Cheers, Dino
dinofritz

by hemi » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:53 am

Your car is beautiful Dino. - time sure flies

Have a Merry Christmas too mate.

Matt
Interceptor II
123-3936
hemi

by tasti » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:04 pm

Have got to agree with Hemi - that's a really nice looking car.
tasti

by dinofritz » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:09 pm

Hi guys,

Many thanks for the compliments.

While my story has a happy ending, the company who made the revised springs has announced that they would close in the next few weeks:

http://www.industrialsprings.com.au/

So sad, they really went out of their way for me only to be soon out of a job.

Dino
dinofritz

by stephenw » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:23 am

Seems to be that some Australians do well out of the misfortune of others. I dare say some major Aussie suspension supplier will be utilising the China FTA to import Junk Chinese steel components for pennies and huge profits.
stephenw

by Cheetah » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:28 am

dinofritz wrote:Hi guys,

Many thanks for the compliments.

While my story has a happy ending, the company who made the revised springs has announced that they would close in the next few weeks:

http://www.industrialsprings.com.au/

So sad, they really went out of their way for me only to be soon out of a job.

Dino

Did this business not close? Their website is still live.
Cheetah

by dinofritz » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:59 am

Now that was an unexpected post!

I know that their manufacturing facility on Port Road closed, so I just assumed that the business closed as well (unless the company still exist and the manufacturing is done on-shore / off-shore)?

Stumped - :?

Cheers, Dino
dinofritz

by dinofritz » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:32 am

Cheetah,

OMG you're right - I'm on the bus last night and I looked up the website, and it seems that the company did end up relocating to the outskirts of town - great news indeed.

Whether they still do rear leaf springs is anyone's guess, but the website mentions that they have the leaf spring steel in stock, so it sounds like the answer may be a YES. The good news was that (a few years ago), they still had a limited stock of imperial thickness leaf spring steel, so this is good to know.

Another added bonus that I found out whilst Google-ing was that another spring manufacturer that I used waaay back in the 1990's and which I thought had closed down (City Springs, based in the City) also had a website and are based in Woodville. They were great to make those crazy one off springs (e.g. the rear hatch lever in the door jamb has a return spring which I had them remake).

Glad to hear that these little manufacturers are still around and are able to help us guys out.

Cheers, Dino
dinofritz

Previous

Return to Suspension