Australian Jensen Forums

For owners of Jensen Cars from Australia and around the world.

Interceptor Convertible

by dinofritz » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:03 am

Hi everyone,

Those that know me well know that I’ve always had a desire for an Interceptor Convertible, with a preference for something that may need some work and/or a restoration project (then again, I would also consider a really nice car with all the work done too). The team that helped me restore my car 20 odd-years ago are still all here, and I thought it would be fun to get them all together to help with another project.

Before I begin searching in the UK or the USA, I thought that I’d ask if there were any locally that their owners may consider selling. If so, feel free to contact me here on the forum, and we can exchange phone numbers for a chat.

Cheers, Dino
dinofritz

by Cheetah » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:49 am

There was one on the market just last month. It was blue and there was a photo of it on a boat ramp. They were asking $150K.
Cheetah

by Cheetah » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:01 am

https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/longhampton10

I reckon this is where I saw it.
Cheetah

by Cheetah » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:11 am

Cheetah

by dinofritz » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:47 pm

Thanks for the link on that white one (blue interior and hood) which has been on Carsales for around 6 months - I spoke with the seller a month ago as I'm going to Sydney this month and I was going to swing through and see the car. He mentioned that it had rust on the floorpan and the sills, and he had purchased a new set of sills from the UK, so I was a little nervous as to how far the rust had spread and the $$ required to fix it, as I'd need to get the car inspected here in South Australia before I could get it registered.

Anyway, he ended up selling the car around 3 weeks ago, so the search continues.
dinofritz

Return to Jensens Wanted