Australian Jensen Forums

For owners of Jensen Cars from Australia and around the world.

Future of the forum

Jensen News

by Interceptor3 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:17 am

Would anyone notice, or even care, if this forum was deleted? It's not being used much anymore, sadly.
Nigel Honey
Hobart, Tasmania
'72 Jensen Interceptor Mk3 128/4633
'08 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X MR
Interceptor3
Site Admin

by andrewp » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:51 pm

Hi Nigel,

I`ll add my 2c in. Im not what you'd call a regular, but I do drop in every now and again.
I think the issue is most Aus owners post on the JOC UK forum (unfortunately) and even then..if at all meaning that if you were to post a Q, unless the traffic is high(ish) its unlikely you`ll get a response and more than likely not an answer.
I know you reply back to most but It cant all be you can it?

But...if the forum was somehow 'linked' to the JoC Aus (all states), then that might draw in a few more members? After all, I think collectively there are quite a large number of members across the country compared to some other places PLUS we face challenges of the distance and not simply being able to 'pop' down to Robeys/Regen or K&D if you are in the states.
Sidenote ~ I know Ross Hockley does a great job however locally in Aus (if someone else is reading this and wants an Aus supplier)

Either way and whatever you do, thanks from over here in the West. I struggle to get a club e-mail out regularly, so a forum is an achievement!

Cheers

Andrew
andrewp

by Interceptor3 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:12 pm

Thanks Andrew.

The Club was offered this forum, but it was rejected. Then the new committee approached me about building a new one for them. Not happening. I’m not duplicating what I’ve already done here for them, especially when they (previous committee, granted) flatly rejected my offer. There’s a lot of work in setting up and moderating a forum.

Agree re the JOC forum and the JCCA at least has a FB group now which is a start.

Given there has only been one response to this post so far, I think the writing is on the wall. :(
Nigel Honey
Hobart, Tasmania
'72 Jensen Interceptor Mk3 128/4633
'08 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X MR
Interceptor3
Site Admin

by chrisl » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:20 pm

Hi Nigel

Greetings too from way out West. I agree with all of Andrew's comments.

I sympathise with your predicament, these things can be a lot of work.

I'd be tempted to:
* Leave it as is - you have done all the work; if not too much to keep it running, then leave it as is... But this might be a bridge too far; or
* Buggered if I can figure out why anyone would reject help...The JCCA looks like being under new management. They have a new website without a forum and has a few glitches (eg 'Our team' takes you to the 'contact us' page) and I suspect they will benefit from someone with expertise like yours. Rather than set up a new forum for the JCCA, would it be possible to just link this website to theirs? If it doesn't work out, just delete the link.

Our website is also out of date and I just can't seem to get around to sorting it out. Although I learn something every time i log on - usually that what i did the last time didn't work!

Whatever you decide, ta muchly for all your efforts.
Chris L
J-H Mk 1 11327
GT 30305
Perth, WA
('Can anyone smell petrol...?')
chrisl

by dinofritz » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:41 pm

Nigel,

I know that the forum has been a little quiet lately, but I'm sure that many appreciate it, and I for one find the layout and categories really easy to navigate. And it was thanks to this forum that I was able to buy the 17" wheels several years ago, so I personally have benefitted (thank you)!

I seriously hope that the new JCCA take up your very generous offer to use your existing forum, as it would SO MUCH better than starting from scratch with zero content.

All the best,

Dino
dinofritz

Return to News